Saturday, September 8, 2018

Books and Authors

My son says, "By Victoria and Pllbth Kann."

Then I say, "What about Pinkalicious?"

He laughs and then asks, "Mom, who wrote Silly Sally?"

I say, "I think it is written by Audrey Wood."

"What about the Gingerbread Man?"

Okay, kid, now you're stumping mom. I say, "I think it's an Aesop's fable, but I really don't know."

I am proud of him. I am glad that he is recognizing the author as an important part of the story. We talk about the title page, the author and illustrator. He enjoys reading and playing. All of his dramatic play tells a story.

This morning, while I was off doing my own thing, he was off building all the islands and headquarters for Inside Out out of Legos. He plays hard, but when it was time to clean up - he did not want to put the blocks away. I cleared off a shelf so that he can proudly display his masterpiece.

Now, if I could just capture all the wonderful stories he tells me and the emphasis that he puts on the words at exactly the right time, I would have a delightful arrangement of stories to bring humor and warmth to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment