Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Nails of a Bowling Ball

Since I had my fingernails painted in a marble swirl on the afternoon of August 3rd at Nail World in Cedar Rapids, I have received so many compliments and have been a walking advertisement for the work that they do. The only person who seems to think otherwise is my husband - who believes that I had my nails done to look like a bowling ball.

When my husband suggested bowling tonight, I originally wasn't looking forward to doing anything but the bare minimum to survive tonight; but, I am glad we went. It was a family-focused activity where the kids could explore the cause and effect of rolling the bowling ball down the lane. My daughter danced her way to throwing the ball down the lane and my son laid on the floor listening for the ball to come up the return. Their actions were very much what I expect from each of the kids.

My daughter is always dancing, singing, or moving - and my son likes to figure out how things work. Therefore the wiggling, giggling, and sashaying up to the line by my daughter did not surprise me and if my son really wants to lay on the floor - I'll let him. And if my husband really thinks my nails look like a bowling ball so be it. With this thick layer of awesomeness painted on (it's not dipped), I am relishing the fact that none of my nails chipped while bowling, something that has never happened before.



No comments:

Post a Comment