Saturday, August 11, 2018

Mom, How Do I Order it from Amazon?

I was sitting in the van, getting ready to take my children somewhere. I'm sure it was daycare or gymnastics - all routine places that we go frequently. There was nothing special about the day until my 6 year old son told me, "I need to order a #PowerRanger Megazord from Amazon."

My son labels everything with precise labels. He labels his transformers, #Bumblebee, and #OptimusPrime. He labels his shoes #Skechers or #UnderArmor. He speaks with precision so that we know exactly what he means - well most of the time.

So the surprise didn't come from, "#PowerRanger Megazord." It came from "order" and "#Amazon."

I don't know about the rest of you, but at 6 years old, I was not worried about ordering a new toy from a website. (Okay - websites didn't exist at all when I was 6). Nor was I worried about ordering a new toy from a catalog or off of an infomercial.

I'd love to say that when I was 6 I was riding bikes and digging holes, but the truth is, I don't remember what I was doing when I was 6. I do, however, know that I sure wasn't ordering anything off of Amazon (and my son won't be either).

No comments:

Post a Comment