Thursday, October 4, 2018

You're Looking Skinny

I was working on my #ThisIsUs blog post on Monday, but had to walk away because I couldn't figure out how to combine everything I wanted to say together. Tonight, I deleted some information and decided that it was time to start a new post. The words that I wrote about how I related to Kate seemed to stand on their own and open up doors for new posts.

Yesterday, I was walking down the hall at work when one of my co-workers said, "You're Looking Skinny." I am definitely not skinny by any sense of the word, but I have lost more than 25 pounds since the beginning of the year.

Up until yesterday, I really didn't think anyone noticed. I really didn't think that it was any more visible than Kate's monologue about losing forty pounds without a fad diet or pills. I was feeling like it was invisible - my efforts, but with that small acknowledgement it gives me hope that I can continue a slow and steady journey to better health.

Are you on a journey to better health? Leave a comment with what you're doing to take control and be healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment