Friday, December 10, 2010

Time to Travel

As I packed for a weekend adventure to my step-sister's wedding out-of-state, I realized why I don't travel.  We have dogs.  We have a baby.  We have a million and one things to do and my husband is not feeling well.  Even when he's feeling great, I am the primary caretaker of the house and the baby.  However, he does give me some reprieve from the dogs from time to time.

I left for work this morning while he was still snuggled in the nice toasty bed and gave him a list of things to try and get done before I get home from work today.  What a day!  I teach kindergarten through twelfth grade English Language Learners and get to spend the afternoon in meetings.  For those of you that can take vacation whenever you'd like, I'm jealous.  That's because I don't get vacation, unless it's scheduled with a school break.  

You're probably thinking, "Don't you get summer break and Christmas vacation?"  Sure, I get Christmas vacation, filled with demands of traveling here and there.  As for summer, in the seven years that I've taught, I had one summer completely off.  That was to have a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment