Saturday, June 4, 2016

My New Rules

Every once in awhile, I go back and revisit my new rules. I struggle less with mommy guilt now that both kids are in school full-time (until my mom visits), but I still feel that sometimes I need to hear permission from myself to live by these rules. Comment with the rules you would add.

I have struggled since my son was born (almost 4 years ago) with "mommy guilt." Today,I am giving myself permission to not feel guilty! My new rules to survive as a working mom (who really, really likes her job):

1.) Socks belong in a laundry basket - not folded neatly inside each other.
2.) Our family's clothes do not need folded - they don't stay that way so why bother? I will from here on throw my children's clothes haphazardly in their dressers - since that is how they will end up anyway
3.) My sanity is saved by a to-do, doing, done chart (taken right out of Scrum training) for my almost-6 year old to do her jobs!
4.) I can - while doing mundane tasks - watch the TV shows I want and let my children entertain themselves (GASP - they may actually have to play without mommy)
5.) We have hired a cleaning service and they are wonderful! I refuse to feel guilty about spending more time with my family and paying a company that pays their workers really, really well to clean my house twice a month.

Please leave a comment about what else we, as moms, can do to relieve our mommy guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment